David L. Hirschberg
David L. Hirschberg is the founding member of the Law Offices of David L. Hirschberg, P.A. He is a graduate of the University of Florida Levin College of Law, cum laude (J.D., 2003) and received his undergraduate degree from the University of Florida, with honors (B.A., 2000). Mr. Hirschberg is Florida Bar Board Certified in Marital and Family Law, a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, and is AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. He is licensed to practice law in both Florida and Illinois and is admitted to practice before the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida.
Mr. Hirschberg is an active member of the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar, where he serves on the Executive Council, and is past Co-Chair of the Legislation Committee. In 2020, Mr. Hirschberg received the Chair’s Award for Extraordinary Service, an annual award bestowed upon a professional in recognition of their service, unwavering dedication, and continued commitment to the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar. In previous years, Mr. Hirschberg has also received the Spotlight Award, Legislative Award and Rising Star Award for the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar.
Mr. Hirschberg is a Master Member of the Palm Beach Chapter, Family Law American Inns of Court, which promotes professionalism and ethics in the legal system. He is also a member of the Family Law Section of the American Bar Association. In 2015, he was named a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator.
Mr. Hirschberg has held important and prestigious positions within the Broward County Bar Association, including having served for seven (7) years on the Board of Directors of the Broward County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section. In 2010-2011, he served as the President of the Broward County Bar’s Young Lawyers Section.
In 2012, Mr. Hirschberg was afforded the distinguished honor of the Paul May Professionalism in Practice Award, which is an annual award that the Broward County Bar Association bestows upon a lawyer in the community who exemplifies the ideals of professionalism, ethics, integrity, courtesy, credibility, preparedness, and zealous advocacy combined with civility in their day-to-day practice.
Mr. Hirschberg was selected for inclusion in the 2016-2021 editions of Florida Super Lawyers magazine (he was also selected to the Top 100 Miami and Top 100 Florida lists in Super Lawyers magazine for 2020 and 2021); for inclusion in the 2018-2021 editions of Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Family Law; for inclusion on the Top Lawyers list published in the 2021 edition of South Florida Legal Guide (he was previously included on the Top Up & Comers list published in the 2013-2020 editions); and for inclusion as a top marital and family law attorney in the 2019-2021 editions of Florida Trend Legal Elite magazine (he was previously included on the Up & Comers list published in the 2014-2017 editions).
Mr. Hirschberg has dedicated his time to civic and charitable organizations, having served as the Chairperson for the Eighteenth, Nineteenth, Twentieth, and Twenty-first Annual Young Lawyers Charity Golf Tournaments, as a member of the Young Leadership Division of the United Jewish Community of Broward County, and as a participant in the Holocaust Survivor Assistance Program. In 2014, he was selected as one of the founding forty members of United Way of Broward County’s Envision United, a group that recognizes philanthropic leaders who are focused on improving the quality of life in the community. In 2016, he served as the Chair for March of Dimes’ Signature Chefs Auction. Most recently, Mr. Hirschberg was selected to serve as a Board of Trustee for Congregation Kol Tikvah in Parkland, Florida.
Mr. Hirschberg’s clientele is comprised of many successful professionals, including but not limited to, entrepreneurs, business owners and executives, doctors, lawyers, and professional athletes. He has also represented numerous stay-at-home parents who have devoted themselves to their spouse and family in a more traditional manner. Mr. Hirschberg advocates zealously for his clients, while simultaneously promoting the amicable resolution of disputes. He remains uniquely accessible and available to his clientele, recognizing the importance of maintaining frequent and continuing dialogue throughout what is commonly a very stressful and tension-filled process. His calming influence is one of his proudest attributes.
MR. HIRSCHBERG’S PUBLISHED WORKS
- Winter 2017: “Settling the Divorce Pre-Suit for High Net Worth/High Profile Clients,” The Florida Bar Family Law Section Commentator
- January 29-30, 2016: Florida Bar Family Law Section, Board Certification Seminar, Guardianship materials
- Fall/Winter 2015: “Settling the Divorce Pre-Suit for High-Stakes Clients,” Family Lawyer Magazine
- June 2009: “Extortion: What Your Client Wants,” Florida Bar Journal
- September 2008: “Chapter 11- Parental Responsibility,” Florida Dissolution of Marriage-Ninth Edition
- Spring 2007: “Permanent Alimony in Short Term Marriages,” The Florida Bar Family Law Section Commentator
MR. HIRSCHBERG’S LECTURES/SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- January 21, 2022: Marital and Family Law Review Course—“Enforcement and Contempt”
- April 6, 2021: Broward County Matrimonial Lawyers’ Luncheon—“UIFSA, UCCJEA, & Hague”
- January 28, 2021: Marital and Family Law Review Course—“PKPA, UIFSA, UCCJEA and Hague”
- August 14, 2020: Broward County Bar Association, “Raising the Bar” Annual Family Law Seminar – Family Law Mock Trial
- May 14, 2020: Florida Bar Family Law Section Continuing Legal Education Seminar: “Legislative Update”
- January 31, 2020: Marital and Family Law Review Course—“UIFSA, UCCJEA and Hague”
- March 14, 2019: Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc., Boca Raton Chapter: “Do Grandparents Have Visitation Rights in Florida?…Depends!!!”
- February 22, 2019: Palm Beach County Bar Association’s Bench and Bar Conference: Moderated presentations on Equitable Distribution, Paternity, and Temporary Relief
- November 30, 2017 and November 29, 2018: Florida Bar Family Law Section Continuing Legal Education Seminar: “Mechanics of Board Certification”
- June 16, 2017: Florida Bar Family Law Section Continuing Legal Education Seminar: “Process and Procedures: ‘Be on Top of Your Game’ Program for Paralegals” – Equitable Distribution, Spousal Support & Child Support
- April 28, 2017: Broward County Bar Association, “Raising the Bar” Annual Family Law Seminar – Children’s Issues & Writing an Effective Parenting Plan
- November 18, 2016: Broward County Bar Association, “Nuts and Bolts of Family Law” – Parenting Issues
- April 14, 2016: Radio Appearance on Legal News and Reviews, “Overview of Equitable Distribution”
- April 8, 2016: Broward County Bar Association, “Raising the Bar” Annual Family Law Seminar – Financial Affidavits 101
- March 17, 2016: Florida Bar Family Law Section Continuing Legal Education Seminar: “Times They Are a Changing: Family Law Trends and Hot Topics in the Area of Children’s Issues” – Post-Obergefell: Parentage Issues for Same Sex Couples
- February 11, 2016: Radio Appearance on Legal News and Reviews, “Hot Topics in the Area of Marital and Family Law”
- October 23, 2015: Broward County Bar Association, “Bench and Bar Conference”—Total Lawyering: The Interaction Between Family, Real Property, Trusts/Estates and Bankruptcy Law
- August 6-9, 2015: Florida Bar Family Law Section Trial Advocacy Program – Workshop Leader
- November 14, 2014: Broward County Bar Association, “Nuts and Bolts of Family Law” – Parenting Issues
- November 12, 2014: Florida Bar Family Law Section Continuing Legal Education Seminar: “Mechanics of Board Certification”
- November 12, 2013: Institute for Paralegal Education, “Divorce Cases from Start to Finish” – Your Role During Settlement and Trial; and Ethical Questions
- October 18, 2013: Broward County Bar Association, “Bench and Bar Conference” – E-Filing Roundtable on Electronic Changes
- June 11, 2013: Foxmoor Continuing Legal Education, “1st Annual Florida Family Law Conference: Handling a Divorce Case from Start to Finish” – Equitable Distribution
- October 12, 2012: Florida Bar Family Law Section Continuing Legal Education Seminar: “The Shield and the Sword: Protecting Yourself and Your Client in the Practice of Family Law” – Extortion, Coercion and Other Guerilla Tactics
- February 17, 2011: Broward County Bar Association, “Nuts and Bolts of Family Law” – Equitable Distribution
- April 16, 2010: Broward County Bar Association, “Raising the Bar” Annual Family Law Seminar – Legislative and Case Law Changes during the 2000s
- 2010 – 2014: Family Law Clinic at Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center – Technology Issues in Family Law; and Basic Facts of Equitable Distribution (Mr. Hirschberg was invited as a guest lecturer once per semester)
- January 2006: Broward County Bar Association Matrimonial Lawyers Luncheon – Family Law Privacy Issues in Technology