For many families, it is difficult to make ends meet on just one income today. Maintaining your financial security in the aftermath of a divorce often proves challenging, particularly if you relied heavily on your spouse’s support. You do not have to sacrifice your lifestyle just because you are ending your marriage. Find out how to protect your standard of living in Boca Raton divorce proceedings.
Realistically Appraising Your Standard of Living
When filing for a divorce through the Palm Beach County Court, you are required to submit financial discloses. These forms provide important information about your current assets, debts, and general expenses.
Your marital standard of living involves the overall lifestyle you lived during your marriage. To realistically appraise this, it is important to include the following in financial disclosures:
- Your individual income and other assets you possess, such as property, shares in business, and investments;
- Your total debts, which may include mortgages, credit card balances, and personal loans;
- The amount of money you spent on rent/your mortgage and household maintenance, such as cleaning products, landscaping, and general upkeep;
- The amount of money spent on personal care, such as clothing, personal grooming products, and hair or nail salon visits;
- Health care expenses, including doctor or dentist visits and therapists;
- Other costs, such as magazines, newspapers, technology, dining out, movies, gym memberships, education or recreational classes, and vacations..
Protecting Your Rights in Boca Raton Divorce Proceedings
Getting a divorce in Boca Raton involves making some major adjustments. However, you should not have to make unnecessary sacrifices in regards to your marital standard of living. Making an accurate appraisal of the above costs plays a key role in ensuring you are protected.
Under the Florida Statutes, certain financial issues must be addressed prior to receiving a final divorce order and financial disclosures help in determining an arrangement that is fair. Areas our Boca Raton divorce attorneys will address that can help in maintaining your marital standard of living include:
- Marital property and asset division: Getting your fair share of homes, vehicles, household belongings, personal items, money in financial accounts, and retirement benefits earned by you or your spouse can help in ensuring your future financial security.
- Spousal support: If you make significantly less than your spouse, spousal support or alimony can help in maintaining your marital standard of living.
- Child support: If you have children from your marriage, a child support order helps ensure they are provided for and provides legal options if your spouse refuses to pay.
Request A Consultation with One of Our Boca Raton Divorce Attorneys Today
Agreements you enter into during your divorce play a vital role in maintaining your marital standard of living and protecting your future financial security. At the Law Offices of David L. Hirschberg, P.A., we provide the professional legal representation you need throughout divorce proceedings, helping you get the maximum amount you are entitled to. To request a consultation, call or contact our Boca Raton divorce attorney online today.