David L. Hirschberg
DAVID L. HIRSCHBERG is the founding member of the Law Offices of David L. Hirschberg, P.A. He is a graduate of the University of Florida Levin College of Law, cum laude (J.D., 2003) and received his undergraduate degree from the University of Florida, with honors (B.A., 2000). Mr. Hirschberg is Board Certified in Marital and Family Law and is AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. He is licensed to practice law in both Florida and Illinois, and is admitted to practice before the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida. Mr. Hirschberg is an active member of the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar, where he serves on the Executive Council, and is currently the Co-Chair of the Continuing Legal Education Committee and Co-Vice Chair of the Legislation Committee. In recognition of his service, dedication, and ascendancy into leadership, Mr. Hirschberg was the recipient of the 2010-2011 Rising Star Award for the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar. Mr. Hirschberg was recently selected to become a Master Member of the Palm Beach Chapter, Family Law American Inns of Court, which promotes professionalism and ethics in the legal system. He is also a member of the Family Law Section of the American Bar Association. In 2015, he was named a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator.
Mr. Hirschberg has held important and prestigious positions within the Broward County Bar Association, including having served for seven (7) years on the Board of Directors of the Broward County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section. In 2010-2011, he served as the President of the Broward County Bar’s Young Lawyers Section.
In 2012, Mr. Hirschberg was afforded the distinguished honor of the Paul May Professionalism in Practice Award, which is an annual award that the Broward County Bar Association bestows upon a lawyer in the community who exemplifies the ideals of professionalism, ethics, integrity, courtesy, credibility, preparedness, and zealous advocacy combined with civility in their day-to-day practice.
Mr. Hirschberg was selected for inclusion in the 2016 edition of Florida Super Lawyers magazine (he was previously included on the Florida Rising Stars list published in the 2009, 2011 and 2015 editions); for inclusion on the Top Up & Comers list published in the 2013-2016 editions of the South Florida Legal Guide; and for inclusion on the on the Up & Comers list published in the 2014, 2015 and 2016 editions of Florida Trend Legal Elite magazine
Mr. Hirschberg has dedicated his time to civic and charitable organizations, having served as the Chairperson for the Eighteenth, Nineteenth, Twentieth, and Twenty-first Annual Young Lawyers Charity Golf Tournaments, as a member of the Young Leadership Division of the United Jewish Community of Broward County, as a member of the Board of Directors for Temple Beth Israel, and as a participant in the Holocaust Survivor Assistance Program. In 2014, he was selected as one of the founding forty members of United Way of Broward County’s Envision Broward, a group that recognizes philanthropic leaders who are focused on improving the quality of life in the community. Most recently, Mr. Hirschberg served as the Fund the Mission Chair for the 2015 March of Dimes’ Signature Chefs Auction .
Mr. Hirschberg’s clientele is comprised of many successful professionals, including but not limited to, entrepreneurs, business owners and executives, doctors, lawyers, and professional athletes. He has also represented numerous stay-at-home parents who have devoted themselves to their spouse and family in a more traditional manner. Mr. Hirschberg advocates zealously for his clients, while simultaneously promoting the amicable resolution of disputes. He remains uniquely accessible and available to his clientele, recognizing the importance of maintaining frequent and continuing dialogue throughout what is commonly a very stressful and tension-filled process. His calming influence is one of his proudest attributes.
MR. HIRSCHBERG’S PUBLISHED WORKS
- January 29-30, 2016: Florida Bar Family Law Section, Board Certification Seminar, Guardianship materials
- Fall/Winter 2015: “Settling the Divorce Pre-Suit for High-Stakes Clients,” Family Lawyer Magazine
- June 2009: “Extortion: What Your Client Wants,” Florida Bar Journal
- September 2008: “Chapter 11- Parental Responsibility,” Florida Dissolution of Marriage-Ninth Edition
- Spring 2007: “Permanent Alimony in Short Term Marriages,” The Florida Bar Family Law Section Commentator
MR. HIRSCHBERG’S LECTURES/SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- April 14, 2016 Radio Appearance on Legal News and Reviews, “Overview of Equitable Distribution”
- April 8, 2016: Broward County Bar Association, “Raising the Bar” Annual Family Law Seminar – Financial Affidavits 101
- March 17, 2016: Florida Bar Family Law Section Continuing Legal Education Seminar: “Times They Are a Changing: Family Law Trends and Hot Topics in the Area of Children’s Issues” – Post-Obergefell: Parentage Issues for Same Sex Couples
- February 11, 2016: Radio Appearance on Legal News and Reviews, “Hot Topics in the Area of Marital and Family Law”
- October 23, 2015: Broward County Bar Association, “Bench and Bar Conference”—Total Lawyering: The Interaction Between Family, Real Property, Trusts/Estates and Bankruptcy Law
- August 6-9, 2015: Florida Bar Family Law Section Trial Advocacy Program – Workshop Leader
- November 14, 2014: Broward County Bar Association, “Nuts and Bolts of Family Law” – Parenting Issues
- November 12, 2014: Florida Bar Family Law Section Continuing Legal Education Seminar: “Mechanics of Board Certification”
- November 12, 2013: Institute for Paralegal Education, “Divorce Cases from Start to Finish” – Your Role During Settlement and Trial; and Ethical Questions
- October 18, 2013: Broward County Bar Association, “Bench and Bar Conference” – E-Filing Roundtable on Electronic Changes
- June 11, 2013: Foxmoor Continuing Legal Education, “1st Annual Florida Family Law Conference: Handling a Divorce Case from Start to Finish” – Equitable Distribution
- October 12, 2012: Florida Bar Family Law Section Continuing Legal Education Seminar: “The Shield and the Sword: Protecting Yourself and Your Client in the Practice of Family Law” – Extortion, Coercion and Other Guerilla Tactics
- February 17, 2011: Broward County Bar Association, “Nuts and Bolts of Family Law” – Equitable Distribution
- April 16, 2010: Broward County Bar Association, “Raising the Bar” Annual Family Law Seminar – Legislative and Case Law Changes during the 2000s
- 2010 – 2014: Family Law Clinic at Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center – Technology Issues in Family Law; and Basic Facts of Equitable Distribution (Mr. Hirschberg was invited as a guest lecturer once per semester)
- January 2006: Broward County Bar Association Matrimonial Lawyers Luncheon – Family Law Privacy Issues in the Technology